>Haha, so I’m back with the same meme I posted a few days ago, but bigger, longer, more pointless. And, since I didn’t want to bore you peeps with repetition, I spiced things up a bit and filled it out with my top 50 of the last six months, which is more honest that the overall top 30. Oh, and I put the artist next to the question to save you a bunch of annoying scrolling. Yay!!!
1. How did you get into 29? (The Faint)
Fell in love with their stuff after falling in love with their remix of Meet Your Master on Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (The Kills)
3. What’s your favourite lyric by 33? (Catherine Wheel)
“Love to steal this living steam
My head in someone’s dream
I’m tired of sleeping”
4. What is your favourite album by 47? (Spoon)
Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. Rhthm & Soul does it for me.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
Three: Juju, A Kiss in the Dreamhouse and Kaleidoscope.
6. What is your favourite song by 50? (XTC)
Dear God, from Skylarking
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Editors)
Spiders, from An End Has a Start. It’s made me shed a few tears of late. Bastard.
8. What is your favourite album by 15? (French Kicks)
Um… I only own one, Swimming so I guess that one.
9. What is your favourite song by 4? (The Knife)
Goddamn it, this is a hard one! Grrr, fineeee! Marble House, from Silent Shout.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (Ladytron)
Sugarrrrrr! Yeah yeah yeah!!!
11. What is your favourite album by 40? (Foetus)
12. What is your favourite song by 10? (Bauhaus)
I guess we already agreed it was Dark Entries.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30? (Killing Joke)
Writing a funny scene in one of my stories involving their song ‘Eighties.’
14. What is your favourite song by 38? (Einstürzende Neubauten)
fucking Garden, from Ende Neu; Tanz Debil, from Kollaps.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? (White Rose Movement)
Pretty much all of their songs make me happy, but Cruella always puts me in a particularly good mood.
16. How many times have you seen 25 live? (Bon Iver)
None, he’s a newcomer and because of my location at the moment I can’t see any good shows.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? (Feist)
18. What is your favourite album by 11? (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
A tie between a classic and a new gem: Tender Prey and Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
19. Who is your favourite member of 1? (Nine Inch Nails)
Justin Meldal-Johnsen, cause his afro is dead sexy and Scientology is way cool. Haha, fuck youuu!!! What the hell, that’s not even a question!!! Michael Reznor, of course!
20. Have you ever seen 14 live? (Cat Power)
Not yet… Just wait, Chan Marshall, one day I will see you live, you awesome biatch!
21. What is a good memory involving 27? (Fischerspooner)
Uh, no. But Never Win is a cool song to take an angry walk to.
22. What is your favorite song by 16? (Skinny Puppy)
Worlock, from Rabies.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 49? (Current 93)
LOL, repeated question. All the Pretty Little Horses.
24. What is your favourite album by 18? (The Arcade Fire)
Funeral, funeral, funeral. I do like Neon Bible as well.
25. What is your favourite song by 21? (Neutral Milk Hotel)
Oh Comely, from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. Three Peaches, from On Avery Island.
26. What is the song you don’t like by 26? (Peter Murphy)
Hmmm, Dragnet Drag, from Love Hysteria. Not that I absolutely hate it, but I don’t love it like I love most of his stuff.
27. What is your favourite album by 3? (The Jesus and Mary Chain)
Grrr, this is harder than picking a favorite song! Darklands and Psychocandy. I can’t choose between those two, it’s like asking me to choose between one of my kids! (I don’t have kids, BTW)
28. What is your favourite song by 2? (New Order)
Sub-culture. Holy shit, I love that song with my heart!
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? (PJ Harvey)
Down by the Water. Creepy shit.
30. What is you favourite song by 8? (Felix da Housecat)
Everyone Is Someone in L.A.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? (Coil)
Are you kidding me? I’d KILL to see Coil live!
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? (New Model Army)
I Love the World, from Thunder and Consolation.
33. What is you favourite album by 12? (Interpol)
Turn On the Bright Lights.
34. What is the worst song by 45? (Does it Offend You, Yeah?)
I really really dislike Let’s Make Out.
35. What is your favourite album by 34? (Tuxedomoon)
36. What do you not like on 48? (TV on the Radio)
Hmmm… If it’s about songs, I don’t like Staring at the Sun. But otherwise, I love just about everything they’ve done.
37. How many times have you seen 42 live? (Rosa Yemen)
They don’t exist anymore. Not only haven’t I seen them, but I will probably never have the chance to. Sucks.
38. What is you favourite song by 36? (The Rapture)
Out of the Races and Onto the Tracks!!!
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? (QueenAdreena)
Pretty Like Drugs.
40. What is your favourite album by 7? (Cocteau Twins)
Right now, Head Over Heels.
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy? (Angels of Light)
No. No no no, that would be heresy. It’s not meant to make me happy, you know?
42. What is your favourite album by 41? (Adam and the Ants)
Kings of the Wild Frontier. Hell, that is one fucking good album.
43. What is your favorite song by 24? (David Bowie)
Suffragette City, from (The Rise and Fall of) Ziggy Stardust (and the Spiders from Mars). Brings such good memories…
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? (Swans)
Not one. The only ones I can remember off the top of my head involve lots of tears and pain. So no.
45. What is your favourite song by 35? (KMFDM)
Anarchy, from the (Symbols) album. BTW, I sooo hate YOU for ruining such good music for me. I will never forgive you for fucking up Catherine Wheel too. Asshole!
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? (Joy Division)
Disorder. It’s not supposed to, but it does.
47. What is your favorite album by 5? (Sisters of Mercy)
Haha, I changed my mind and my favorite Sisters album now is First and Last and Always.
48. Who is a favorite member of 37? (Dead Can Dance)
Fucking Lisa Gerrard and her wonderful angel-like, glossolalia-uttering voice.
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43? (Gary Numan)
Cars. I didn’t like it, and I still don’t.
50. How many albums do you own by 20? (The Birthday Party)
A compilation album and Mutiny/The Bad Seed.